Unable to set brightness in Power Management

Tommy He tommy.he at linux.com
Tue Mar 9 16:54:31 UTC 2010

Hello Fedora 13 testers,

Did you notice that there is no longer a brightness control slider in GNOME
power management ?

I noticed that after performed a suspend this morning and found the screen
kept dim forever. What I mean by forever is that even I rebooted to the
Fedora 13 LiveUSB, it was still dim! Hard to believe but it is true.

Finally I got the brightness back to normal by using a Fedora 12 LiveUSB and
adjusting the brightness.

For God sake, please do not tell me it is another decision following
upstream. I agree that not so many users would bother tweaking the
application menu. But the brightness control?

Anyway, if it is a bug, I am quite happy to file it. Just point me the
place.

Kind regards,

Tommy He

--