QA's Package update policy proposal

Kamil Paral kparal at
Tue Mar 9 17:27:37 UTC 2010

I have been (together with the QA team) working on a 'Package
update policy' proposal. Because Matthew Garrett yesterday
presented his own proposal regarding this topic, we decided
to also present our proposal, albeit still unfinished.

The proposal is here:

I would like to stress that it is still in development and
heavily discussed (see Discussion page). The terminology
may not be correct, because I'm not a native speaker. Nothing
is rock-solid, especially some numerical values, and it can
be changed easily (and probably will be). If you dislike some
idea, please don't consider it the end of the world, that is
worth creating another endless flame-war discussion.

If you are interested in comparing this proposal to common
practices in other Linux distributions, please see a short
summary here:

Thank you for constructive comments.