UVC webcam utility

psmith psmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 11 22:38:58 UTC 2010

On 11/03/10 22:15, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Since today is webcam day, I thought I might throw out what I've done. I
> see there's a QT app (v4l2ucp) for adjusting webcam settings, but I
> wrote a GTK/gstreamer app a year ago. It's compatible with only UVC
> webcams but most webcams are UVC these days (thanks Vista). If there's
> any interest this might finally push me to get them into Fedora.
>
> (x86_64 only)
> wget
> ftp://cchtml.com/pub/fedora/12/x86_64/libwebcam-0.1.2-1.svn26.fc12.x86_64.rpm
>
> wget
> ftp://cchtml.com/pub/fedora/12/x86_64/uvcdynctrl-gtk-0.1-2.fc12.x86_64.rpm
>
> yum install, type uvcdynctrl-gtk at a terminal, enjoy.

nice little app michael, one problem popped up when changing the
exposure control from auto mode to shutter priority mode

[phil at anubis ~]$ uvcdynctrl-gtk
libwebcam set_control failure: A Video4Linux2 API call returned an
unexpected error

though maybe the camera doesn't support shutter priority exposure
settings? i think they are worthy of inclusion for those who don't want
to install qt*