UVC webcam utility

psmith psmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 11 22:48:25 UTC 2010

On 11/03/10 22:41, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> psmith wrote:
>
>> nice little app michael, one problem popped up when changing the
>> exposure control from auto mode to shutter priority mode
>>
>> [phil at anubis ~]$ uvcdynctrl-gtk
>> libwebcam set_control failure: A Video4Linux2 API call returned an
>> unexpected error
>>
>> though maybe the camera doesn't support shutter priority exposure
>> settings? i think they are worthy of inclusion for those who don't want
>> to install qt*
>>
> Yeah, my app only displays what controls libwebcam says are available --
> but it can lie.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.

np, something else just popped up,

[phil at anubis ~]$ uvcdynctrl-gtk

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'uvcdynctrl-gtk' received an X Window System
error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 36 error_code 3 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
aborting...
Aborted

is there anything i can do to help debug? or is this nothing to worry about?