UVC webcam utility

Joel Gomberg obligor11-fedora at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 22:48:34 UTC 2010

On 03/11/2010 02:15 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Since today is webcam day, I thought I might throw out what I've done. I
> see there's a QT app (v4l2ucp) for adjusting webcam settings, but I
> wrote a GTK/gstreamer app a year ago. It's compatible with only UVC
> webcams but most webcams are UVC these days (thanks Vista). If there's
> any interest this might finally push me to get them into Fedora.

Your program didn't play nicely with my webcam:

uvcdynctrl-gtk

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'uvcdynctrl-gtk' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 36 error_code 3 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

Device 007: ID 0ac8:332d Z-Star Microelectronics Corp. Vega USB 2.0 Camera

--
Joel