f13 alpha x86_64 DVD checksum?

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Sat Mar 13 04:29:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 22:57 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I downloaded f13 alpha x86_64 dvd via bittorrent a few days
> ago, and just now got around to verifying the sig (it was OK)
> and doing the sha256sum -c check of the checksum.
>
> The checksum check failed :-(.
>
> I've removed it, and I'm trying again, but just wondered
> if anyone else had this problem? I thought bittorrent was
> checksumming chunks as it goes and this sort of thing
> shouldn't happen.

Tom,

You're right. It shouldn't. But if it happens again, DON'T remove it.
>From the directory the broken .iso file is in, run this long rsync
command to repair the damaged image in a few minutes:

rsync -avxzHP rsync://download.fedora.redhat.com/fedora-linux-releases/test/13-Alpha/Fedora/x86_64/iso/Fedora-13-Alpha-x86_64-DVD.iso .

Don't forget the trailing space-dot.

--Doc