i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 17:54:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:25:34 -0400,
>  "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>>
>>   i'm not sure that i'd deliberately install everything given the
>> opportunity, but i have to think that a choice like that would be a
>> terrific stress test for the installation process -- perhaps a hidden
>> choice that says, "activate every possible fedora repository and grab
>> *everything*."
>
> I think the desire was mostly for installing everything on the install media,
> not everything available for Fedora.
>
> I think that is a reasonable idea and used to have some interest in it, but
> I don't do installs that way any more so it's not something I personally care
> much about any more. Installing from a live image (which I do do) is pretty
> much the same thing as you get everything on the live image.

I must admit I carefully go through the package lists on every install
- but I also build my own install isos and the one thing that I have
never fathomed out is how to alter the comps list so that the default
package manifest is altered to my own taste - I can certainly add
available packages to the install and select them but it would be oh
so nice to be able to build an install iso (mainly for installing
after lots of new updates are in some weeks or months after a release)
that has my choice of default packages.

If anyone can point me to a guide on this specific issue I would
appreciate it. (I use mock/pungi to create iso builds)
--
mike c