Installing nohz-off

Lawrence E Graves lgraves at risingstarmbc.com
Tue Mar 16 00:43:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:23 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 17:57 -0600, Lawrence E Graves wrote:

> > > When you boot the media you will see the Grub menu. It will say 'Welcome
> > > to Fedora 13-Alpha' and have a list of options like 'Install a new
> > > system ...'
> > >
> > > Hit TAB
> > >
> > > You will see a line with vmlinuz at the start. The cursor will be at the
> > > end, hit space and type nohz=off
> > >
> > > Hit Enter
> > >
> > > The install should continue.
> > >
> > > Good Luck!
>
> > I did as you instructed and as I send this email, nothing.  I've
> > downloaded and burned 2 new dvd and when my computer gets to bar along
> > the bottom, the bar disappears and the screen remains blank.
>
> If you've added the nohz=off to the boot paramaters (as described above)
> and your getting the blue bar and then nothing, then this parameter
> isn't likely to be the thing you need to add.
>
> Why are you trying to add this parameter?
>

> R.

I could not boot up my computer so I went to looking for ways or whys it
would not boot.  Ran across some emails that were having the same
problems so I thought I would try them and so far none of them are
working.    If you have any ideas, I'll be glad to listen.
--
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves at risingstarmbc.com>