i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Tue Mar 16 04:21:46 UTC 2010

On 03/15/2010 04:38 PM, David Cantrell wrote:

> That's just the way we implemented it.  The driving force behind these
> decisions was to make things simple for the user.  When presented with check
> boxes at this point, we found most users would either (a) leave the default
> choices in place and continue or (b) check them all for fear of missing
> something.

  Please dont confuse simpler with limited funtionality.

  Focus on what makes users lives easier to admin/install these systems
- rather than putting artificial hurdles in place for questionable
rationale.

  If some choose all packages groups (b) - why do you even care? The
majority who make those choices may well know exactly what they need.

  gene