#1835: soas nightly composes will not boot on AMD Turion 64 Laptop-(appears to be a f13 bug)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:00:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 10:14 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
>> This may be more pertinent to this list:
>>
>> I also cannot boot my newly installed f13 RC4 external 500GB HD
>> installed with f13 RC4 netinstall CD 3 days ago. (It works fine on a
>> 520n Dell with an Intel cpu., as do Soas composes CD's)
>
> Can you please give us a bit more info about the hardware in the
> affected system?

I suspect, but I'm not 100% sure, that its a 64 bit EFI based system
and we can't currently boot a 32 bit OS using a 64 bit EFI setup. We
have the same issues with the new Macs and have to use a boot helper
cd. If it is that I have all the information and keep meaning to file
a bug report so it can be tracked and eventually fixed.

Peter