i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Mar 17 09:41:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Chris Kloiber wrote:

> More than that, it's a regression. F12 and previous allows the
> selection of Graphical Desktop, Web Server and Software Development.

  i thought as much but i hadn't installed for a while so i couldn't
be sure.  this new selection strategy strikes me as a hideously bad
choice.  as i mentioned earlier, most people i know want *both* the
graphical desktop and all the dev stuff.  now we can't quickly select
that and we have to jump into "customize now."  bad, bad idea.

rday