IEEE 1394 Interface testing

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 10:54:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

> I haven't had an external firewire drive work reliably with
> Linux in years; is that supposed to work these days?

interesting ... I never had any problems with external drive over
firewire with Linux (while I had some problems using USB, the
same HDD enclosure, PATA to both USB2 or FireWire)

on the other hand I got some troubles getting dvgrab working with
kernel 2.6.32, but that is completely different story ... well,
still a lot nicer story than connecting another HDD-based
videocamera over USB to Windows machine (no chance with Linux ...
don't buy Sony, if they haven't changed their proprietary
protocol to standard mass storage since) - oh, a bit offtopic,
sorry

K.

--
Karel Volný