minimal install too minimal

Felix Miata mrmazda at
Wed Mar 17 15:53:14 UTC 2010

I just did a minimal via http ( First thing on first
login I did 'mc'. -bash: mc: command not found, followed by 'yum install mc',
resulting in 'Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again.' Also, '-bash: man:
command not found'. This minimal is really too minimal.

I see in /etc/yum no *.repo files. suggests no solution.
Where are *.repo supposed to be? Why after over a month since that bug was
filed doesn't yum just work on a fresh install? How can I fix this without an
install do-over not minimal?

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***