i have to *choose* between graphical desktop and S/W dev?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 16:47:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:50:36 -0700
Jesse Keating wrote:

> Clearly we
> weren't going to satisfy everybody with an 'Everything' option so it was
> removed so that folks can pick their own vision of "Everything".

Which means the problem was with the label of the 'Everything' button,
not the concept of a button to simply and easily select lots of stuff.
Which was why I wanted the button renamed to:

'Select all optional packages in all package groups'

No longer ambiguous, and I can even do it now with scads of mouse clicks,
it would just be simpler to do with one click. I'm much rather do
that, then winnow out the stuff I know for a fact I don't want (there
is much less of that :-).