minimal install too minimal - Why only minimal install if installation get bumped from graphical to text based install?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 03:53:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 16:17 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:

> *Dell 520n (intel Core 2 Duo) = text  -minimal install
> *EeePc900 (Atom Intel)        = text  -minimal install

It's not a 'minimal install', it's the text installer. They're
different.

We need to know what graphics adapter each system has, and how much RAM.

> Sun Vitualbox=Text and failure to boot at all on Dell 520n (both Disks)

Text install is a known issue with VirtualBox. It's an X bug. Though I
thought we'd fixed it in X server by now. Haven't checked what version
is in TC0 (I assume that's what you you meant when you wrote 'TOC'?)