minimal install too minimal

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 18 14:50:56 UTC 2010

On 2010/03/18 10:16 (GMT-0400) Bill Nottingham composed:

> Tom Horsley composed:

>> If NetworkManager isn't written to explicitly manage only
>> interfaces which say NM_MANAGED=yes, then the developers need
>> their brains fixed.

> NetworkManager is the default. Having the default do nothing
> unless additional configuration is done is sort of pointless.

Any kind of "manager" would seem to be an oxymoron in the context of a
minimal anything.

YaST permits deselection of NetworkManager before proceeding to actually
install anything. I always select traditional network. I can't imagine what
needs managing once initial setup is complete for machines that will only
ever have eth0 and live on networks where wireless will never be permitted.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/