smb4k in Fedora 13

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Mar 18 15:38:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,
	I have been using the branch F13, after upgrading from F12 with preupgrade
with no particular problems.

	One problem that I have is when I run smb4k. When I launch it I get a
complaint that mount.cifs and umount.cifs are not installed in any PATH
directory.

	That is a change from F12.

	Asking for help to repoquery (a nice tool btw) I got:
# repoquery --whatprovides /sbin/mount.cifs
cifs-utils-0:4.0-2.fc13.x86_64

	Fair enough. After installing cifs-utils I thought that all would be OK.
No such luck. :-)

	smb4k still complains that umount.cifs is missing and now repoquery is not
of any help.

Seeing the list of cifs-utils I see that umount is missing.

# rpm -ql cifs-utils
/sbin/mount.cifs
/usr/sbin/cifs.upcall
/usr/share/man/man8/cifs.upcall.8.gz