smb4k in Fedora 13

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Mar 18 17:29:24 UTC 2010

On Thursday 18 March 2010 17:12:22 Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 03:38:06PM +0000, José Matos wrote:
> > 	One problem that I have is when I run smb4k. When I launch it I get a
> >
> > complaint that mount.cifs and umount.cifs are not installed in any PATH
> > directory.
> >
> > 	That is a change from F12.
> >
> > 	Asking for help to repoquery (a nice tool btw) I got:
> > # repoquery --whatprovides /sbin/mount.cifs
> > cifs-utils-0:4.0-2.fc13.x86_64
> >
> > 	Fair enough.
>
> Well, no!  If smb4k truly requires that package that it should have
> a dependency on it.

	Sure. I know that.

	Sometimes the packages change and its requirements and provides changes as
well. The "fair enough" comment regards to have a temporary workaround while
the bug is not fixed. I know that the bug should be report and I appreciate
when this is done for my packages.

> > 	smb4k still complains that umount.cifs is missing and now
> > 	repoquery is not of any help.

> > Is this to be expected?
>
> It is expected that you file a bug.

Consider this my homework it is a lot easier to fill a bug report if you have
more details other than just "it does not work".

In this case it is not obvious to me if the problem with umount.cifs is in
smb4k or in cifs-utils.

--
José Abílio