New Branching Method for Fedora 13?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 18:48:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 10:34 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 04:52 +0000, Scott Beamer wrote:
> > Mike Chambers spake thusly:

> > > F13-testing at some point in time will be frozen, and those contents is
> > > what will actually be F13 official release.
> >
> > So how is it decided wht goes into f13-testing vs just Rawhide?
>
> We use the Fedora Release Criteria [1] throughout testing to help
> determine what bugs we should be addressed for F13, and what issues can
> be fixed in the next release.

I don't think that's quite answering the right question :). The answer
is simply that maintainers decide what to submit where. Submissions to
f13 -testing are still entirely open at present, maintainers can submit
whatever they like. It's up to them what they send there, and what they
send to Rawhide.