lxdm, ldxe-common require constantine-backgrounds-single

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 21:49:10 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 18.03.2010, 21:41 +0100 schrieb Martin Sourada:

> The design team is in charge of actually creating the new
> backgrounds and it's only our good will that we also do the packaging
> (well, we've been doing it for the past 4 or so releases, so it
> practically is our task to make the package as well).

Sorry, but whoever does the packaging clearly is in charge of notifying
the other maintainers, see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities#Notify_others_of_changes_that_may_affect_their_packages

> Making it default
> is IMHO task for respective spin owners / SIG members. It's easier for
> them to read around the Alpha freeze the fedora weekly news' artwork
> section than for the design team to keep in mind which spins are using
> the default wallpaper, and which have their own and which packages needs
> the changes to use the new default.

I might be wrong but AFAIK all the spins (should) use the default
artwork. So it should be pretty easy to ping everybody. And if a spin
doesn't use the default artwork (KDE?), then there is no reason for the
spin maintainers to get notified. Or am I mistaken here?

> I wonder what might be the best way to handle this. Certainly, now that
> I know about that lxde and xfce are just using whatever is in
> d-b-compat, I can include you and the d-b, lxde-common, lxdm na
> xfdesktop owners in my notify list

It should be sufficient to just use desktop-background-owner but I don't
mind also having lxde-common-owner and xfdesktop-owner as fallback.

> (or even ask for commit rights on d-b
> and do the change myself)...

This might be even better since none of the 17 maintainers of
desktop-backgrounds seems to really care about the package.

> But as this happens twice in a year, I always forget about these
> things...

Same here ;)

> Anyway, I'm open to suggestions how to make the process better.

Hey, it was not that bad, at least it has worked better than last year.
In F12 I had to do the update after beta freeze, so there definitely was
an improvement. ;)

> Thanks,
> Martin

Thanks for all your hard and excellent work. I appreciate what you do
for Fedora very much.

Regards,
Christoph