[Test-Announce] F-13 Beta Blocker Meeting 2010-03-19 @ 16:00 UTC (12 PM EDT)

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Thu Mar 18 23:51:03 UTC 2010

Adam Williamson wrote, On 03/18/2010 04:48 PM:
> When: Friday, 2010-03-19 @ 16:00 UTC (12 PM EDT)
> Where: #fedora-bugzappers on irc.freenode.net
>
> It's that time again: blocker bug review meeting time! Tomorrow is the
> first blocker bug review meeting for Fedora 13 Beta. NOTE that, due to
> daylight savings time kicking in, the meeting is an hour later for many
> of us: it's now 12 PM Eastern time, 9 AM Pacific time.

Adam,
Have you considered using the Infrastructure team's approach to telling folks the correct 'local'
time to be there?
i.e. many/most Infrastructure team messages I have seen include something like:
"
To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/UTCHowto
or run:
date -d '2010-03-19 16:00 UTC'
"
Of course that might assume the recipients have a) a *nix box, b) that has a correct tzdata package,
c) and that date (coreutils) is installed. :)
Admittedly your way is some what more personable than 'here run this date command', so perhaps only
add it as a way the recipients can double check in their own local.

Also, any reason the Reply-To on messages, that go to test-announce, still has both
fedora-test-list at redhat.com and test at lists.fedoraproject.org
???

Thanks for helping many of us. :)
--