Failed authentication in add/remove software [rawhide]

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:21:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Aioanei Rares <fedora.listen at gmail.com> wrote:
> As the subject says, I start the aforementioned application (gnome
> menu->system->add/remove software) as usual user and I select some
> packages to install; when I click install , I get the message that I
> didn't provide the authentication and installation fails. Is this a
> reported bug? If not, against what component do I report it?
> --

If I run 'curl' on the URL for the rawhide mirror list from
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo, I get:

[root at tlondon ~]# curl
'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-debug&arch=$basearch'
curl: (60) Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
 of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
 bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
 using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
 the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
 problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
 not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
 the -k (or --insecure) option.
[root at tlondon ~]#

tom
--