QA Test Proposal: install source test case, usb drive

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Mar 19 16:38:25 UTC 2010

I notice there are several test cases for installation sources[1], but
the one I use is not listed.

Proposal: InstallSourceUSBDrive

A USB thumb drive is extremely portable, fast, and reusable. Installing
from a USB drive can be easily 10 times quicker than a DVD or CD and you
can use as many Fedora images as you like instead of throwing away a DVD
when you are done.

In F13, I am not able to use my USB drives to install from. Anaconda
complains that it is unable to find my install media when it gets to the
point it looks for it. Before I went and made a bug report or pursued my
issue further, I'd like to see if anyone else sees this installation
source as a supported one.

Thanks,
Michael

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Installation_Source