QA Test Proposal: install source test case, usb drive

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 18:52:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 12:03 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> James Laska wrote:
> > Would this include booting from the USB media, or just booting the
> > installer using other available methods, and choosing your USB drive as
> > an HDISO install?
>
> Yes, booting from the USB stick.
>

> > How do you normally prepare you USB media for install?
>
> # livecd-iso-to-disk --reset-mbr Fedora-12-x86_64-DVD.iso /dev/usbstick
>
> Then I can use the /dev/usbstick device on any computer that can boot
> from USB (anything in the past 10 years). This method is what has
> stopped working in F13.

It works fine for me, at least it did with Alpha (last point at which I
tested). Quite a lot of the 'live image' testing we do is actually done
with USB sticks, it's just easier that way.

Installing from a live image written to a USB stick is certainly
expected to work, if you're having trouble with that please do file a
bug.