kms howto - is there one?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 19 22:26:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 17:21 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

> But the monitor definition in Mandriva is sufficient by providing HorizSync
> and VertRefresh ranges exclusively (same as in F13 with mga). The only
> modelines I've ever seen drakx11 insert are the same two old 768x576 at 79 &
> 768x576 at 100 it did back when the whole distro fit on one CD.

This is making my brain leak out of my ears, but if I have it right, the
fundamental issue under all of this verbiage is that you find that on
F13, just setting a correct horizsync is not enough to make all the
modes that fit in that horizsync range available, you also have to
provide modelines, right?

Well, it's up to ajax whether that's desired behaviour or a bug. ajax,
what say you?