Possible updates-testing problem for F13 this morning

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Mar 20 14:20:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 08:31:48 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 07:26:35 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > I updated several of my machines this morning and after rebooting on of
> > the to try a kernel update (from koji) that machine starting rebooting
> > after about 1 minute of uptime.

I think the key message is about iTCO_wdt unexpectedly closing and not
stopping the watchdog process. My guess is that the watchdog process
thinks things aren't working and reboots the system.

I haven't figured out what package it is part of, though likely it is
started or stopped by some udev rule.

I tested selinux=0 at boot since I had used an selinux update from koji
and thought that it might be causing a problem very early in the boot
process. But that doesn't appear to be the problem either.