f13 beta

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Mar 21 15:29:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:28:32 +0200,
  shmuel siegel <fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu> wrote:
>      c) Anaconda detected an existing f12 so it offered me the choice of
> updating or reinstalling(whatever that means since 12!=13). It did not
> offer me a choice to install a new version. When I chose reinstall, it
> went through the motion of package resolution so I abandoned. I didn't
> want to override my existing f12 partition.

In text mode you get less options. So I think this part isn't a bug, but
the X / video problems are.

> I haven't submitted any bug reports yet. Which, if any, of these
> symptoms require one? Did I jump the gun and use a version which wasn't
> meant for external testing?

Not really. These are beta release candidates for which some testing is
desired. It isn't desired that lots of people download it and then not
give back feedback. (Since without mirroring it can be hard for the QA
team to get copies for themselves if lots of other people are downloading it.)

While someone from QA will likely notice your report on this list, you might
want to look into reporting the video problem in bugzilla to make sure it
gets noticed.