freeglut errors?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 14:04:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 16:26 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:50:04 -0400
> Adam Jackson wrote:
>
> > The event space in X is partitioned.  Core events end at 35.  Extension
> > events are dynamically assigned.  To see how things are divided up for
> > your machine, run
> >
> > % xdpyinfo -queryExtensions | grep opcode
> >
> > For example, on my machine, 96 is assigned to XKB:
> >
> >     XKEYBOARD  (opcode: 143, base event: 96, base error: 152)
>
> Interesting. I just booted up my f13 partition and tried it, and
> I found SYNC at 95, XKEYBOARD at 97, and nothing listed for 96.
> Maybe some code somewhere isn't expecting sparse event types?

They're not sparse.  Those are bases.  Some extensions define more than
one event type.  SYNC, for example, defines two:

atropine:~% egrep (Notify|Number) /usr/include/X11/extensions/syncconst.h
#define XSyncCounterNotify              0
#define XSyncAlarmNotify		1
#define XSyncAlarmNotifyMask 		(1L << XSyncAlarmNotify)
#define XSyncNumberEvents		2L
#define XSyncNumberErrors		(XSyncBadAlarm + 1)

- ajax