Suspend fails on a Dell 1647 XPS, how to figure out where

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Mar 22 23:23:33 UTC 2010

I know that replying to your own message is bad form, but I'm slowly
finding out stuff that might actually get someone to give me some clues
on how to debug this issue.

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 17:52 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 10:33 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> > How do I test what's happening to supply some sort of useful bug report?
>
> I've been doing some testing since I'm using the broadcom-wl driver (as
> the w34 driver doesn't support my particular card.) and I know that I
> need to show that the tainting isn't an issue.
>
> With (or without[1]) the module installed I've discovered that:
>
> * I can suspend and resume as much as I like before logging in (at GDM).
> * Once I've logged in suspend fails
> * If I log out again, suspend no longer works from GDM

I've added another user and tried suspending using this user.  Same
issues as above.

Is there some way I can log the suspend process to see what's going
wrong?

Rodd