QA Test Proposal: install source test case, usb drive

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 22 23:42:22 UTC 2010

We have some contradictory claims about what's possible and what's
supported upstream:

On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 13:34 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> You will have to fork the script for this, because the upstream
> maintainer of the script does not want to support this officially. I
> already asked for this a long time ago. Back then anaconda supported
> to loop-mount iso images, which made it all very easy and useful,
> but this has gone. :-(

Is there a bug or ticket which is tracking the recent instance of the
request?

It does seem nice to have an officially supported command-line tool
for writing ISOs to CD/DVD, though we have several good graphical ones
mentioned in the official guide:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/readme-burning-isos/en-US.html#sect-Burning_ISO_images_to_disc-Burning-Linux

I'm wondering if livecd-iso-to-disk isn't going to be that, is there
another favorite utilty that Fedora could adopt?  I know "dd" now
works for USB drives, but I assume not for CDs and DVDs?

-B.