Bug 568334 - Work Around not working on my system - unsure as to why

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 16:16:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 21:57 -0400, Robert C. Lightfoot wrote:
> I downloaded the 568334.img file as updates.img and placed it into
> /images/updates.img.
> When attempting an install via http it ended with bug 568334.
> When attempting an install via linux updates=... command it ended
> with
> bug568334.
>
> If this updates.img file is meant to be a work around for bug 568334
> and
> allow F13-Alpha to install on VirtualBox-OSE 3.1.4 then it is not
> complete or I have misused it.
>
> Still learning --
> Bob Lightfoot

Interesting, the failure details attached to the existing bug are
different from what is reported.

        anaconda 13.32 exception report
        Traceback (most recent call first):
          File "/tmp/updates/text.py", line 597, in run
            (file, classNames) = stepToClasses[step]
          File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1191, in <module>
            anaconda.intf.run(anaconda)
        KeyError: 'bootloader'

Can you try the latest F13 test candidate images?  For details, see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test-announce/2010-March/000042.html

Thanks,
James