QA Test Proposal: install source test case, usb drive

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 17:25:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 12:17 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> James Laska wrote:
> > Apologies, I replied elsewhere in this thread [1].  No problems when I
> > tested.
>
> Ah, I overlooked that. Did you use the same livecd-iso-to-disk call?
> Booted from and installed from the same USB stick? (ie. no CD/DVD used)

Yeah, I ran the following command ...

# livecd-iso-to-disk --noverify --format
Fedora-13-Beta-i386-DVD.iso /dev/sdb1

Then booted, and installed from that live image with no other optical
media present on the system.

> I've tried two different USB sticks with the same result. Perhaps it is
> a configuration issue with the computer I am attempting to install on.
> Are there any debugging hints I might learn to see what it is on my end?

While I don't think there is anything specific to your use case, you
might try reviewing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_installation_problems for
ideas.