Gimp has become useless!!!

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:29:41 UTC 2010

Well, not quite :-). In fedora 12, the gimp status bar tracks
the mouse, telling me at all times what x,y coordinate the pointer
is at in the image. This is unbelievably useful when trying to
tweak printer alignment to center things on labels, etc.

In fedora 13, the gimp I'm running only has the status message, the
mouse tracking is gone. The only way I've found to pick off
coordinates is to make a selection with the top left corner
at the point I want and look at the selection position in
the toolbox.

Is this just gone completely, or is there some obscure
preference I couldn't find that can configure it?