Who moved my udev?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:50:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:30:36 -0700
Adam Williamson wrote:

> > Have they completely changed the way DeviceKit udev
> > rules should be written yet again?
>
> At a wild guess, try UD_PRESENTATION_HIDE , because DeviceKit-disks is
> now called udisks. Y'know, we like to keep you on your toes...

Didn't work, but it was close!

With the udisks hint, I did a rpm -q --list udisks, found a
udev rules file it installed and searched it for ENV usage.
It isn't UD_, it is UDISKS_ :-). I've finally gotten my drive
hidden again.

So what happened with the name? Did using "Kit" as part of the
name of every project fall out of fashion suddenly? :-).