Intel X-25M 80GB Generation 2 - F13 Beta TC install fail

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 03:26:09 UTC 2010

Another user's note (hope it's not noise) that when I tried to install
Fedora 13 Alpha KDE Live image on my Crucial M225 SSD I got a similar
problem from Anaconda (dont remember the exact error message sorry)
though it did show the device as ATA before the partitioner starts it
threw an error about not being able to access/modify the device.

Note that probably due to my mobo (Intel DP35DP) BIOS issue I always
need to set libata.force=noncq kernel boot param for various
versions/distros which I did set during installer load.

Also note that I did manage to install by starting the netboot image
and that worked so I hope the Beta release will be better for me. I
hope I get the time/chance to test a Beta "TC" shortly...