Students learning BugZapping

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 17:44:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 10:16 +0100, Vedran Miletić wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we teach about opensource at our university, and I would love to
> demonstrate to my students how to do BugZapping.

Great idea!

> I have a couple of questions:
> 1) There are about 50 of them. If I request each one to make a Fedora
> account, it's going to be a lot of accounts and lots of potential
> complications. What should I do? Can all of them work simultaneously
> on one account?

Just for the initial demonstration session, I'd say it's fine for you to
create a single account for the whole class to use. If they want to go
on and do some Bugzapping work after the class, though, I'd say each
should register their own account at that point. Perhaps change the
password for the demo account after the class is over, so you will still
have access to it to answer any follow-ups on any of the bugs you touch.

> 2) I plan to focus on finding duplicates and triaging radeon-related
> stuff, because it's quite easy to explain stuff there (KMS/UMS,
> xf86-video-radeon/radeonhd, card generations etc.), but I don't want
> to limit myself to that. Any other suggestions what to work on?

Beland's reply to this looks good to me.