Proposal: Target tracker bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 19:12:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 15:03 -0400, Christopher Beland wrote:

> In terms of actual workflow, then, I see two classes of bugs - those
> that Release Engineering is monitoring closely around release time,
> and everything else.  From what I hear, the first category includes
> both blockers and essentially non-blocking fixes you really want but
> which may or may not make it in time.  Unless there's a good use case
> that would require two lists or a list plus flags, why not include
> both "hard" and "soft" blockers on a single monitoring list?

It's impractical to monitor. Right now we can look at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=538274&hide_resolved=1 and know exactly what bugs need to be closed before we can ship the Beta. If that list included 'nice-to-have' bugs, we couldn't. How would we keep track of which bug was which?