Proposal: Target tracker bugs

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 20:18:41 UTC 2010

> James Laska (jlaska at redhat.com) said:
> > Lemm ask, how are we using the Target and Blocker keywords now?  I think
> > they offer 2 methods ...
> >
> >      1. for testers to can escalate failures in critpath packages they
> >         believe affect the release criteria (Blocker)
> >      2. for critpath packagers/developers to request including fixes not
> >         considered release Blockers
> >
> > Is this right?
>
> I don't know that we actually use the second as criteria.

Right.  It's a new use that's come out of the last two blocker review
meetings.

I'm wondering if we need a method for critpath packagers/developers to
get non Blocker fixes in.  The case I'm seeing now is that there are
bugs against critpath components that are not blocking release criteria
(aka not on Blocker list) but are still 'nice to have' low-impact +
tested fixes.  These seem sensible to include.  It's not clear how to
get those fixes into the release?  So because they're not on the Blocker
list, they're just going into F14.

Is that good/bad?

Thanks,
James