Proposal: Target tracker bugs

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 11:36:48 UTC 2010

> On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 16:18 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> > I'm wondering if we need a method for critpath packagers/developers to
> > get non Blocker fixes in.

> The case I'm seeing now is that there are
> > bugs against critpath components that are not blocking release criteria
> > (aka not on Blocker list) but are still 'nice to have' low-impact +
> > tested fixes.  These seem sensible to include.  It's not clear how to
> > get those fixes into the release?  So because they're not on the Blocker
> > list, they're just going into F14.
>
> This isn't true at all.  If the maintainer submits the update and it
> gets appropriate karma, it gets into the release.

Understood, notting pointed out earlier that this mechanism works fine
for updates delivered as packages (just about most of the distro).  What
I'm asking about is the buildinstall generated installation content
(initrd.img and install.img).  For things that require updated
initrd.img or install.img (buildinstall), they don't have the same
updates-testing option that all other packages have.  Unless we build
install images out of updates-testing content too.

Thanks,
James