Students learning BugZapping

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:41:11 UTC 2010

2010/3/24 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
> On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 10:16 +0100, Vedran Miletić wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> we teach about opensource at our university, and I would love to
>> demonstrate to my students how to do BugZapping. I have a couple of
>> questions:
>> 1) There are about 50 of them. If I request each one to make a Fedora
>> account, it's going to be a lot of accounts and lots of potential
>> complications. What should I do? Can all of them work simultaneously
>> on one account?
>> 2) I plan to focus on finding duplicates and triaging radeon-related
>> stuff, because it's quite easy to explain stuff there (KMS/UMS,
>> xf86-video-radeon/radeonhd, card generations etc.), but I don't want
>> to limit myself to that. Any other suggestions what to work on?
>
> Hi, Vedran - in addition to my reply to the list, just thought I'd ask
> off-list if there's anything I or other Fedora folks could do to help
> you out with this? In the way of pre-arranging sponsoring of a FAS
> account or anything like that. If you let us know when the class is, we
> might be able to arrange to have someone from QA online during the class
> to help you out quickly if you hit any roadblocks along the way. Thanks!

First off, thank you for your offer. I hoped someone from Fedora
Community will offer to jump in.

The class is held in two groups, one starts at 4pm, and other at 6pm
on monday, April 26 (CET). I believe it translates to 10am and 12pm in
EST.

It would above all be great if we could speed-up account creation and
getting privileges process.

--
Vedran Miletić