Update testing policy: how to use Bodhi

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 00:13:20 UTC 2010

> In that case I'd favour a formula along the lines of "X reports of
> 'successful fix' or 'no regression' with no reports of
> 'regression'" (where the maintainer sets X). I think the fact that an
> update can go out even if several people report encountering regressions
> is one of the biggest flaws in the current setup. Any report of
> 'regression found' should prevent an auto-push.

So that's just separating aggregate positive karma from aggregate
negative karma.  Basically saying that your update must have a net +3
positive, without /any/ negative.

Unfortunately many people fail at understanding what "regression"
actually means, and thus can "DOS" an update inappropriately, which is
kind of why we've aggregated both negative and positive together.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!