Update testing policy: how to use Bodhi

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 01:11:35 UTC 2010

> Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 15:49 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >> What are everyone's thoughts on this? Thanks!
>
> > Unless we use some sort of value for this feedback, there won't be able
> > to be a way to autopush the update once criteria is reached.
>
> Is that a bug, or a feature?  I thought the entire thrust of Adam's
> proposal was to make bodhi feedback be useful to the maintainer to make
> an intelligent decision whether to push the package stable.  Auto-push
> is the exact opposite of an intelligent decision.  I think getting rid
> of auto-push would be a fine idea.

That's definitely an option too. Jesse's argument seems to be we can't
expect maintainers to do manual pushes, but in practice I don't think
anywhere near a majority of updates get auto-pushed at present anyway,
given the general lack of people filing feedback. So it seems that we're
already relying on maintainers doing manual pushes, and mostly they do.