New BugZapper Introduction

Algebraic Mirror algebraicmirror at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 04:43:07 UTC 2010

Hi everyone. My name is Jasen Stoeker, and I would like to join the Fedora
BugZappers team.

I have been playing with Linux since Redhat Linux 6.1 and would consider
myself moderately experienced. I've tried a number of other distributions,
like SuSE, Gentoo, Debian and Ubuntu, but I've found that I generally prefer
the Fedora distribution, and I'd like to learn even more about it by
contributing to the project.

Here's the brief story of my background so that you know a little more about
me. My college education was in computer engineering and computer science,
so I've had programming experience in a variety of languages on a variety of
platforms. I graduated a little over three years ago, and since that time
have been a web applications developer. In my current role, I'm one of three
people in the IT department of a 1200 person manufacturing plant, so I do a
50/50 mix of programming and infrastructure work these days. My
infrastructure work entails supporting Windows desktops, Windows servers,
and a very large network. I don't get much Linux experience at my actual
job, but I still love Linux and would like to contribute during some of my
free time.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for
considering my application to join the BugZappers team. I hope you all have
a great day!

PS - If anyone would like to mentor me and show me the ropes I would
appreciate it. I've tackled my share of bugs in my daily job, but I've never
contributed to an open source project before, have never used BugZilla, etc.

Jasen Stoeker
AlgebraicMirror *AT* gmail.com