Join Proven Packagers DRAFT

Adam Miller maxamillion at
Mon Mar 29 14:51:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 00:12:00 -0500,
>  Adam Miller <maxamillion at> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>     I previously wrote a page called "Join Critical Path Wranglers
>> Draft" and it has since been moved and edited. Its name has changed
>> because of the new FAS group called provenpackagers has been made and
>> will be in charge of the critical path QA.
> Are there going to be multiple paths to getting in the provenpackager
> group? Currently the path to that seems to be as a packager and applying
> to FESCO. This new path seems to be through the QA group. Will both paths
> remain or will just the new one exist.
>> This is still a draft, but I think its quite a bit closer to
>> finalization than the previous version. I'm wide open to questions,
>> comments, and snide remarks.
> Being in the packager group isn't listed as a prerequisite. Accesswise, that
> will probably work, but it would seem to be odd to become a provenpackager
> without already being a packager.

WOW epic oversight on my part .... that's supposed to be
"proventester" and not "provenpackager."

ProvenTester will be a new FAS group that will be responsible for
adding karma to critical path packages.

New version:

Very sorry for the confusion. I was just typing away .... apologies.

/\   - against proprietary attachments