ProvenTesters Draft (Was: Join Proven Packagers DRAFT)

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 29 19:28:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel
<clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:
> On 03/29/2010 11:12 AM, Adam Miller wrote:
>>
>> Hello all testers out there!
>>
>> I somehow got it in my mind that we were calling the ProvenTesters
>> group ProvenPackagers even though I new good and well that such a FAS
>> group already exists and is overseen by FESCo. So here we are with
>> round 2 and a correct naming structure. I apologize for any confusion
>> I might have caused.
>>
>> Original email here:
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2010-March/089752.html
>> New wiki page here:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters:Draft
>>
>> Questions, Comments and Snide Remarks are all welcome!
>>
>> -AdamM
>>

> In the wiki in number 4, I am not clear as to who is picking a mentor. Is it
> the person who wants to be a proven tester, or is it a proven tester who
> wants to be a mentor.  Also, should the mentor be a proven tester or
> actually a proven packager as the step indicates?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Clyde Kunkel

Mentor should be a proven tester, and the person wishing to be
mentored/sponsored will be making the request.

I've updated the wiki page taking into account comments/concerns.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/JoinProvenTesters:Draft
NOTE: We will need to setup a component in trac to handle this
application process and there will be details on how to do so once
that is setup (if it does end up being how we would want to do this).

More feedback welcome!!! :)
-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com