Windows XP KVM annoyance

Chris Wright chrisw at redhat.com
Tue Mar 30 01:56:55 UTC 2010

* Tom Horsley (horsley1953 at gmail.com) wrote:
> I just tried running my Windows XP KVM on fedora 13
> (I installed the KVM under fedora 12). It seemed to work
> well, but I'm using the redhat virtio drivers for
> network and disk, and Windows insisted on re-installing
> the drivers (claiming "new hardware") the first time
> I booted under fedora 13 libvirtd.

Be useful to try the virt list (virt at lists.fedoraproject.org)

A common source for this kind of annoyance is PCI device numbering changes
when the HV changes, however libvirt tries to manage devices such that
they always end up in the same slots.  Can poke at the windows device
manager and see if this is what the cause is.

thanks,
-chris