Update testing policy: how to use Bodhi

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Mar 31 00:01:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 15:33:30 -0700,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> It must have gone through updates-testing at some point, so why didn't
> you -1 it at that point?

I was using f13 and didn't notice that pushes for other releases had the
same bug. I filed a bug report, so I expected the maintainer to treat
that as a -1 for bodhi when he saw the bug report. By the time I noticed
it was too late.

> It wouldn't really make sense to have voting on all Koji builds, as
> there's no policy on what you can use scratch builds for; they can be
> used for builds that are known to be broken.

Scratch builds don't show up on the public build list. It may be that some
of the public builds aren't really intended for public consumption which
is the essentially the same problem.

Still, the comments could be held until the package is submitted and then
reported at that time. Having to constantly check back to see if some
broken package might have been pushed, seems like a big waste of time.