F13 Beta RC1 Test Summary - Areas highlighted for Beta RC2 test

He Rui rhe at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 03:31:26 UTC 2010

Greetings testers,

As F-13-Beta Go/No-Go Meeting is going to be held tomorrow and Beta RC2
will be available soon, the time for testing RC2 is limited and
precious. Here I quickly summarize the main issues found in Beta RC1 so
that we can mainly focus on them when testing against RC2.

Install:

InstallSourceDVD:
577196 NEW  - Freeze when installing bootloader

Mediakit Repoclosure:
577123 NEW  - dbus unresolved dep on Beta.RC1 x86_64
577100 MODIFIED  - PackageKit-related unresolved deps on Beta.RC1

Add Repository:
577803 ASSIGNED  - Add repository with mirror list fails if network is
down

PartitioningUninitializedDisks:
574551 ASSIGNED  - Cannot install F13 Alpha on GPT disk

Kickstart Delivery :
577708 NEW  - Fail to start X with graphical kickstart install

Desktop:

Gnome-pacakagekit:
567346 ON_QA - gpk-update-viewer does not install updates if there is
any dependency issue, and does not correctly report this

Plymouth:
577789 MODIFIED - Transition to GDM does not work, screen hangs

I've highlighted the test cases related to these issues on RC2 test
results matrices[1]. Please pay more attention on them as soon as Beta
RC2 is available.

Many Thanks,
Hurry

[1]