Is there an issue with F13 test pushes?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Mar 31 16:35:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 09:17:55 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> There is that, plus doing a full -testing push would likely untag some
> things where are /going/ to stable, but haven't gone yet, making them
> disappear for a while.  I decided it was best to slow things down a bit
> during the RC phase to control what builds go where.  We have a go/nogo
> vote today to see how we stand with the RCs and what that'll mean to the
> schedule.

That makes sense.

This might be something to note as a process improvement point for the
future. It would be nice if there was an easy way to add new stuff for testing
without untagging anything. Another option would also be to push pending stable
requests to testing (keeping the information that they be pushed to stable)
so that the updates can get testing while alpha, beta and final release
candidates are being tested.

It would also be nice to add information about this, to set expectations,
to the various freeze documentation pages. My expectation was under no
frozen rawhide that test pushes would continue during freezes. I now understand
why they aren't, but I think other developers might have also been expecting
testing updates, so it would be nice to have this noted in an obvious place.
I you want, I'll even take a stab at updating the freeze pages with that
information?