[Test-Announce] F-13 Blocker Meeting 2010-04-30 Recap

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 3 14:44:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 10:02:52 -0400,
  James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> Are you able to attach screenshots to the bug?  Tip, the command
> gnome-screenshot supports a --delay= value so you can time-delay any
> screenshots.  Or even better, a screencast might be a good fit here.  Is
> your monitor of a resolution that makes seeing the full menu difficult?
> I take it Fedora 12 did not experience this behavior?

A static screen shot won't illustrate the problem. I can scroll the menus,
but when I go back to select an item it instantly snaps back to the top,
making selecting things late in the list impossible.

> Before adding to the F13Target list, I'd feel more comfortable
> understanding the changes need to properly address this issue.  Meaning,
> is it an isolated change, or would fixing this potentially impact many
> more use cases.

I think there is a simple bug, since other themes work and Clearlooks just
started having the problem about a month ago. I am not sure how to go looking
for the root cause though. Plus there may be some cache affects, as on
one machine Clearlooks (via Fedora) was working but when I changed the theme
the problem started showing up. I don't change themes very often, so the
problem might go back further than a month.